Sport and Sustainability International:
Using the Global Influence of Sport to Improve the World
The ecological threats from worsening climate change represent an unprecedented challenge to humanity. The single most important thing we can do to protect the planet from climate change is shift cultural attitudes and expectations about how we relate to the Earth. Few sectors can be as influential in helping to stimulate that shift as the global sports industry. Climate change is not a game we can afford to lose. Through global partnerships with other NGOs, the business community and government agencies, a not-for-profit organization based in Switzerland, close to most international environmental NGOs and sports organizations - is mobilizing the sports industry and its fans in support of the world's most progressive and meaningful ecological policies, including the Paris Agreement and the UN Sustainable Development Goals. Our Game Plan: promoting sustainability in and through sport to ensure healthy, sustainable and just communities.
Our core priorities are:
- Collaboration: Supporting the work of other NGOs, businesses and government agencies throughout the world who are using sport to promote a more sustainable and just world, personified by the UN Sustainable Development Goals and the Paris Agreement.
- Operations: enhancing events, venue design and operations;
- Supply Chain: influencing procurement by the sports industry and its supply chain;
- Fan Engagement: mobilizing fans, athletes and sport federations; and
- Good Governance: supporting democracy, transparency and accountability in decision-making.
Find out more: http://sandsi.org