2016 as a Tipping Point for the Sustainable Sports Movement?
From Europe, to the US, to South America, there is no arguing with the fact that sustainability is a focal point for sports tournaments across the world.
2016 has already produced the ‘greenest’ Superbowl ever, an ISO 20121 accredited UEFA Euro football tournament and the Rio 2016 Olympic Games is coming – which has already received ISO 20121 certification.
Is this the tipping point for sports at all levels putting sustainability at the heart of its operations and outreach? Understand the implications for your club, tournament or brand of doing this and the benefits of doing so.
- Tim Trefzer, Sustainability Manager, Georgia World Congress Centre Authority (on which site the Olympics and Superbowl’s have been hosted)
- David Stubbs, Consultant and former Head of Sustainability, London 2012
- Jill Savery, Founder and CEO, Bristlecone Strategies
- Moderator: Claire Poole, Head of Conference Production, Climate Action
Who attended this webinar?
The webinar is of relevance to the following industry areas operating within the global sports industry:
- Government – Ministries of Environment and Sport, Youth, Cities
- UN bodies
- Sports leagues and clubs
- Governing bodies
- Sports brands
- City leaders
- Sports Broadcasters
- Industry associations